Saturday, January 16, 2010

Week 2 - This ain't my first RODEO

Last night, Rani, Kristen (my step-sister from Cali) and I attended the SandHills Stock Show and Rodeo held at the Ector County Coliseum. As the title suggests, this was not my first time at a rodeo, but it was my first time in a long time. I've always really enjoyed the bull-riding event and what's not to love about a bunch of Cowboys in hats and tight jeans?!

Although those two things remained true, the rest of the evening was not as....eventful...as I was thinking it would be. Granted, part of that could be because I'm an old lady these days and at 8:00 on a Friday night I'm already thinking about bed. I don't mean to say that I didn't have fun because I did, but on a scale from Boring to The Best fun ever, I would say this rated around "enjoyable" not "a blast". We saw events from calf roping, team roping and barrel racing to the bull riding, bronco riding, and the one that made me laugh the most...the calf scramble where a bunch of kids have to try to "catch" a calf and bring it into a circle in the middle of the arena.

Amy's final opinion on Odessa's Rodeo Scene: At $11 for the "cheap seats" it's better with a big group or if you know someone in the Rodeo. (If you just want to see someone ride a bull, rent the movie 8 Seconds.)

Amy's advice: If, like me, you like a good-lookin' cowboy who isn't afraid to ride a bull, spend the extra money on front row seats and one just might end up in your lap!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment