Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 New Years Resolutions

I am not a fan of New Years Resolutions. I used to be, but after years of always falling short of my lofty goals, I decided I didn't like them anymore and resolved never to make them again. Clearly, I am now falling short of THAT goal.

This year, I am going to make some resolutions; however, they will not be your average, lose weight, read my Bible more, quit smoking kind of resolutions. (Just to clarify, I'm not saying reading my Bible more isn't important nor am I saying that I smoke.) Instead, 2010's goals will be fun, silly, quirky.....and in some cases, downright pointless.

1. This year I will aim to treat yellow lights as a signal to slow down instead of speed up.
2. I will stop using the words "video tape" unless I am actually talking about a VHS tape.
3. I will stop reading people's Facebook/Myspace/Twitter posts with the expectation that it will somehow interest or entertain me.
4. I will not, repeat NOT, renew my membership to match.com. (That one is sort of a serious resolution.)
5. I will NOT get my hopes up that the Aggies will finally have a winning football season.
6. I will NOT indulge anyone...not even those obnoxious Red Raiders... in a conversation regarding how A&M is still a better school even if their football team isn't.
7. I will stop texting when I drive. (Definitely a serious one.)
8. I will finally acknowledge that I don't cook because I don't want to, not because I'm bad at it.
9. I will TRY to stop bad-mouthing Odessa (Including referring to it as "Ho-dessa").

and last but not least (drumroll, please)...
10. I will stop saying "yes" to everyone and everything out of obligation, a guilty conscience or my inane need to please people and instead will start saying "yes" to everyone and everything because of my love of tradition. =)

Happy New Year, everyone!!!!

1 comment: