Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

It's been a while since I've posted about "things to do in Midland" so I figured, why not tell you about the baseball game I went to last night.

The Midland Rockhounds is our local, minor league baseball team. Last night they faced off against Corpus Christi, so I joined my roommate and a few of her coworkers at the game. Let me begin by saying, of all the sports, baseball is not my favorite. In fact, next to golf, I think it's very boring to watch on tv. However, there is something to be said for viewing it live. I am beginning to understand how it is considered America's favorite pasttime. The cheering crowd, the crack of the bat, the anticipation of seeing a homerun (which we did) or even a GRAND SLAM! It's a lot more fun than I've given it credit for and, with the right company, makes for a VERY enjoyable way to spend your Monday Evening. And, it doesn't hurt that as usual, there's something about a man in uniform...even baseball and umpire uniforms!

Amy's Overall Opinion: Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks and we have a date!

Amy's Advice: Go on Monday night and mention "Basic Energy" at the ticket booth for $2.00 tickets. What a steal! (pun intended!)

No comments:

Post a Comment