Thursday, January 27, 2011

We're not in "Glam"sas anymore, Toto!

Forgive me blogger, for I have sinned. Not only has it been a while since my last post, but I fear the title I've given my blog is now a misnomer. Sure, I'm still grateful for God's goodness and grace, but as for the "all things glam", I'm thinking "all thing glum" might better suit me these days. Okay, maybe glum isn't really the word I'm looking for, so allow me to explain.

Once a self-proclaimed Glamazon on the scale of Frumpy to Fabulous (Glamazon is the notch right before Fabulous), I now reside somewhere in the middle between "lazy college student" and "30-something school teacher". Although I'm not wearing pajama bottoms to work (I secretly wish though) or ABC sweaters and the like, I have been particularly lax about things like makeup, hair products and....dare I say it....jewelry! (OH THE SHAME!) You may be thinking to yourself, "Self, Amy loves her jewelry more than life, so what gives?" I'll tell you what gives. I've become a six-days-a-week gym rat. You may think that has nothing to do with my recent move out of "Glam"sas, but I beg to differ.

First, there's the morning getting-ready-routine. After my shower is usually when the tug of war starts. The old me is ready to get dolled up and meet the day head-on, but the new me starts calculating how long I'll actually be wearing the makeup I'm about to put on and wondering what's the use of fixing my hair if in mere hours it will be dripping with sweat. As it turns out, the new me is pretty strong and usually wins...but that's not all...

After the gym (when I really do look like a rat...and a drowned rat at that), I'm too tired to do anything but eat, go to any mandatory meetings and then sleep. That's right, I just admitted to God and everyone that I usually don't shower after the gym - I just let that sweat air dry. (I repeat: OH THE SHAME!) This means that when you see me at wednesday night church or in the grocery store, you probably don't want to get too close.

So what's this former fashionista to do? I could always try early morning workouts, but just the thought makes my eyelids heavy. Maybe stronger coffee? Hire a personal hairdresser and makeup person? Liposuction? Follow the yellow brick road...?

1 comment:

  1. Actually, you keep doing what you're doing! It's for a better you and when you reach your goal you can glam it up as much as you want...Amy style!

    ReplyDelete