Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 4 - Everyone loves a Mini-Retreat!

For the 4th week event, I decided to count the Ladies Mini-Retreat at my church, Kelview Heights Baptist. The Mini-Retreat featured numerous workshops, breakfast, lunch, shopping (one of my all-time favorite things) and a keynote speaker. It went from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and from what I could tell had a wonderful turnout. I attended workshops ranging in topic from reaching your weight loss/fitness goals to letting go of the painful pieces of your past. I also was privileged to co-teach a workshop with my sister (I use the term "teach" loosely) called "Be Wise, Accessorize!" Sounds appropriate, right? I can't be sure that we offered a lot of useful information that the ladies didn't already know, but I can be sure that I had fun in the process. Accessorizing is one of those topics that I can speak on for hours! The event was wrapped up by the keynote speaker who did a wonderful job of challenging us to make 2010 not only a great year, but a godly year. All in all, it was a great event and a great Saturday. We all need a little gal-pal time and a little time refocusing on the important issues in our lives.

Amy's Final Opinion: Well, obviously it's biased, but I'd give it two thumbs up!

Amy's advice (to herself): Start saving now for next year's event so you can buy that $239.00 necklace you were just dying to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment